As communicated earlier, the Malta Sports Journalists Association and Atlas Insurance have officially launched the public voting for the Atlas Youth Athlete of the Year Award.
The 11 young athletes that have claimed the monthly award during 2020 are now eligible to compete for the yearly award with a combined vote by the panel of journalists and the general public.
The journalists’ vote will carry 60% of the total outcome whilst the popular general public vote will carry the other 40% of the vote that has been launched on the official facebook page of Atlas Insurance: https://www.facebook.com/atlasmalta/
The eligible athletes for the Atlas Youth Athlete of the Year Award are:
Rachela Pace (Athletics) January 2020
Dejan Grech (Pool) February 2020
Tenishia Thornton (Weightlifting) March & November 2020
Jake Vella (Swimming) April 2020
Thomas Borg (Para swimming) May 2020
Matthew Magro (Tenpin bowling) June 2020
Richard Schulthies (Sailing) July 2020
Sacha Gatt (Swimming) August 2020
Kayden Lagana (Tenpin bowling) September 2020
Haley Bugeja (Football) October 2020
Tara Vella Clark (Gymnastics) December 2020
“We are honoured and proud to have played a key role in recognising the achievements and talents of young and emerging athletes in the past year, through the support given to these awards. As a firm, we believe in the sporting values of commitment, passion and respect – which are in line with our own values. Through our partnership with the Malta Sports Journalists Association, we believe that we are doing our part in encouraging young people in Malta to be active through sports, for their own benefit and that of the community they live in. We wish all the monthly winners of 2020 the best of luck for the much-awaited Atlas Youth Athlete of the Year Award 2020,” said Robert Micallef, Chief Commercial Officer of Atlas Insurance.
The winner of the 2020 Award will be announced on January 25, 2021 followed by the official presentation of the prestigious trophy of the Atlas Youth Athlete of the Year.
Leave A Comment